Top 20 under 40 – Blue Ridge Business Journal Accredited executive advisor – Institute for Independent Business President of Christiansburg Toastmasters Club Certified “HyperGrow” Specialist Charter Member – Camp “Start with No” Negotiation System Who I am:
Strategic Ideation Architect
As an accredited business advisor, analyst, and executive coach, Allan has consulted for over 100 companies. These organizations have spanned the fields of IT and Engineering to the Wholesale and Aerospace industries, as well as Fortune’s 100 Best Companies to Work For.
A global citizen with diverse experience, Allan approaches problem solving and communication in a unique way. Allan was born in Hong Kong, raised in Africa, and educated in the United States. His early career took him to Boston, New York, and Atlanta before he finally settled in the New River Valley as an entrepreneur. After 20 years, he still considers himself a student of business and communication.
Known for his ability to strategize, negotiate, brainstorm and execute, Allan is often called on to help streamline the myriad of business systems within a company and to coach the management team. Bringing about simplicity and focus in the process of bridging the “Knowing – Doing Gap” are his passion.
Allan has been named one of the Top 20 Under 40 by the Blue Ridge Business Journal, Nominated for the NCTC’s “Rising Star” and “NewVa Leadership” Awards, and is a charter member of the “Start with No” Camp negotiation system. Allan is married to Pam and is the proud father of 6 adorable “minions” that they home-school.
What I do:
- As a coach, I help build leaders that become more effective and confident with 100% success.
- As a business advisor, I help my clients strategize the best course of action to lead their companies in the direction they want to go and to provide access to resources. That may range from connections to other businesses, ideas, talent or cash.
- As a marketing consultant, I help companies create dynamic business and marketing plans, as well as vet their existing ones.
- As an analyst, I have helped companies objectively look at their financial situation, employees, productivity, and profitability.
- As an entrepreneur, I have started, grown and sold companies so I understand the dynamics and challenges of starting and running businesses.
What I specialize in:1. Business Advising 2. Executive Coaching 3. Management/Marketing Consulting
Why companies and executives hire me :
- To lead strategic planning meetings, focus groups, and brainstorming sessions to define and detail a company’s vision, mission, and action steps imperative to achieve sustainable results and shareholder ROI.
- To improve communications across an organization, foster a team-driven environment through functional cross training, and generate buy-in, commitment, passion, and engagement.
- To coach their young, newly promoted or seasoned executives and help them become more effective and confident. As well as to rekindle passion within the leadership team by motivating, coaching and holding them accountable.
- Accelerate sales and build business through strategic market planning, sales training, and functional and communicative media. Create and implement sales systems designed to convert leads into profitable, repeat customers.
- Enhance business by taking advantage of the internet and technology.
Why I do This:
My Passion is making ideas come to life. I connect ideas, people, companies with each other. Besides just enjoying being a business advisor, I work with companies that value creativity within the organizational structure and seek to expand their influence beyond their traditional borders.
How it works:
Call or email me to set up a complimentary appointment if you could benefit from an unbiased, external strategist/business adviser. I would be delighted to meet with you to see how I can help.
Follow me on Twitter